To bring together key stakeholders including policy makers, investors, entrepreneurs, practitioners, donors, media and civil society to enable dialogue; strengthening partnerships to advance the Halal sector in Africa and build South-South relations;
- To foster the development of an integrated food economy based on agricultural diversification, efficient agricultural production that takes advantage of innovative technologies and practices, tailored trade and investment approaches, well-functioning domestic markets and strategic conservation of food and water in Africa.
To share and assess research done to date on the African Halal economy in order to inform advocacy strategies and economic policies in support of the African Halal sector;
- To generate critical thinking and African-centred theory on halal economy to be disseminated into international discourse and strengthen African representation in global Halal economy meetings;
- To provide a platform for African thought-leaders; fostering African leadership and positions to ensure growth and capacity within the African Halal economy sector.
- To identify and promote bankable Halal projects in Africa for investment and development.
- To establish a continental network among scientists, researchers, academicians in developing a recognized African Reference Centre in Halal Economy Research.